OpenOffice VS StarOffice VS MSOffice

Robert Bushman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 20:02:16 -0400 (EDT)

StarOffice 6 is fantastic. Rock solid and extremely
fast. About a 10-fold improvement over StarOffice 5.2.
100% compatible with every MS file I've tried,
including some extremely complex spreadsheets.
Outlining is handled very differently than MS Word,
but once you get it, it's better.

Haven't tried OpenOffice 1.0 yet.

I've heard that MSOffice will make your hair fall
out and causes prostate cancer. Other than that it's
supposed to be almost as good as carving the document
into your chest with a rusty tile knife. YMMV.

Seriously though, the only three real problems with MS
Office at the moment are security, price, and proprietary
formats. If any of these is important to you, use
StarOffice or OpenOffice. If they don't matter, MS
Office is quite good.