Certifications - Thoughts?

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:23:56 -0600 (CST)

> Second a couple of questions: I've been reading allot about Linux and I'm
> prepared to install it on my machine at home. (I have a couple of friends
> that are Linux enthusiast). Which distribution is the one that you, as a
> list, use? Then again, which distribution is best suited for a Web and

Distributions are the variety of life. :)  I think most people on this
list use either Mandrake, Debian or Slackware, though Im sure any distro
you pick you will get help with. :)

I think if you are more the programmer type and quick learner you will
like Debian or Slack a little better.  Mandrake or Red Hat are both great
as well, especially if you want to use as more than a programming
workstation.  Setting up sound, printer, devices etc will be easier (most
of the time) in a Mandrake or RedHat distro.

> Client/Server programmer? I know about Chilisoft as an ASP Server, but I
> need more guidance.

I think unless you are 'married' to ASP, you will be much happier with
PHP, Tomcat or PythonServerPages.

-Derek