SSCP program? kinda off-topic.

foodog plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 10:31:37 -0700

I know there are a couple of CISSPs on the list.  I'm wondering if
anyone has any firsthand experience with the ISC2's SSCP certification
(or CISSP) they'd be willing to share?

From the website it looks like a good cert for someone interested in
infosec work.  One of the things that I'm leary of are the continuing
education requirements for certification beyond the initial 3 years.
If, for example, I'd have to take multiple classes from SANS (for
example) at $2400.00 a pop, that'd more than dispose of any pay raise
I'd get as a result of the cert.  That'd bite.  If I could retake the
test for $250 that wouldn't be so bad...  BTW, I know SSCP only
materialised last year, but ISC2's been around awhile.

It looks like there's only one in-state test date this year, April 13,
so I'm trying to get whatever info I can as quickly as I can.

TIA,
Steve