Wireless Drivers for Linux

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 10:16:55 -0500

On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 07:46:54AM -0700, Lee Einer wrote:
/_On a more general note, I am looking to install a wireless access
/_network in my home. It will be accessed by my wife's laptop, which is
/_running Windows 95, and my desktop, which runs Mandrake 8.2. I would
/_like to use a wireless router, rather than setting up a Linux box as a
/_firewall and router. I would also like to share the printer between
/_these two PCs. What hardware would you recommend, keeping in mind that I
/_am not particularly wise in the ways of networking?
/_

I use an OpenBSD box as my firewall/AP. I have a Orinoco card(s) in
both the AP (with extender antennae) and my notebooks. Absolutely
brainless to install/configure and never a problem. With the extender
antennae, I have Internet access as far as my neighbor's backyard
across the street. It was kind of like that oven info-mercial "Just
set it, and Forget it"

v/r
-Mike