Sony Mavica CD200, 250 or 400 on linux

Dennis Kibbe plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 20:29:32 -0700

On Thursday 26 December 2002 02:50 pm, you wrote:
> Do any of you have experience with the Sony Mavicas that store images on
> CD? I was ready to buy one, figuring that the CD image storage would get
> me past any software issues, and would spare me having to configure a
> card reader, etc, but I noticed a post on another newsgroups indicating
> that there is a problem with the Mac OSX reading the Mavica CDs. I want
> to be sure that I can read them with Linux before I jump and purchase
> one of these cameras.
>
> I appreciate any feedback you can give me.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Lee Einer

I'm not sure I'd buy the Sony just for the reasons stated. I think most
modern USB connected cameras will simply be recognised as a USB hard drive. I
know when I plug my Nikon 2500 in to the USB port that's what happens. I can
also pull the Compact Flash card and pop it in the PC Card slot with an
adapter with special effort.

The 2.4 kernel with hot-plugability makes it all possible.

Dennis Kibbe