IBM and Who

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 16:06:47 -0700

Off the top top of my head, a few big players embracing Linux:

1) Oracle has teamed up with RedHat to provide their DB to run on Linux. Oracle has been a BIG supporter of Linux since
about 1999.

2) HP has embraced Linux.  Until recently, Bruce Perens worked for HP and was the open source/Linux advocate at HP.

3) Amazon has converted most of their backend servers to Linux and have realized huge $$$ savings and increased
stability (they run Oracle on Linux).

4) Google runs a server farm consisting 10,000+ computers all running Linux to bring you the best search engine around.

5) Sun is starting to embrace Linux with their Sun One inititive.  There's some question about whether on not they're
fully embracing Linux, but it's a start.

6) Merril Lynch and several other large Wall St. brokage houses have embraced Linux due to it's stabiltiy and cost
savings.

This should get you started to do some searching on Google.
Hope this helps.
Peter