OT: recommended home network installer

Scott plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 25 Dec 2002 14:32:49 -0700 (MST)

I wired my house - after it was built (difficult, but not impossible).
The builder was not "interested" in letting me do the wiring and the company
they recommended wanted way too much money.

I used the ONQ 14x14 enclosure.  I recently upgraded that enclosure to the
14x28 as the original was too small.  I also used the ONQ RJ45 punchdown
modules, the RJ11 (regular phone) punch downs (cat5 wire for both)  and
the 3x8 video hub.  I didnt like the ONQ router, so I have a Linksys
Router/Switch sitting in the enclosure that hooks everything together.

Depending on your house type - or more specifically, your attic crawl
space (mine is huge) - it may be easy or difficult to add in the things
you want.

If you are interested and want to see my setup, drop me an email at
sbrews@cox.net and we can work something out.

scott

ps

the 14x14 (in wall) enclosure is available if anyone is interested.

--
NT makes anything simple, easy, and anything difficult to do, impossible.
Unix makes anything easy to do difficult, and anything difficult to do,