apache 1.3.24

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 21:34:11 -0500

Mike Starke wrote:

> /_
> /_What make you think it's the server?
> /_
> Nice catch :-) It's my bet too. Browser rendering?

That's what I'm thinking.  Apache doesn't care what kind of file it is.
I have noticed Netscape 4.79 won't render a PNG correctly (black becomes
transparent, transparent becomes off-white).  I had to use GIF's and
JPG's because I know those will render correctly in all browsers.

You could put lynx to the test like so: lynx -crawl -traversal -realm
-image_links http://yoursite.com and see what happens.  If you get the
same results with PNG's and JPG's/GIF's, then it's not apache.

George