bizarre Mozilla/Konqueror behavior

William Lindley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 16:15:10 -0700 (MST)

  Patrick> This doesn't look like valid html... which
  Patrick> I'm sure you knew. There isn't a proper
  Patrick> "<!DOCTYPE" string. That's all I noticed.

According to my O'Reilly "HTML: The Definitive Guide," --

  "Almost no one precedes their HTML documents with the SGML
  doctype command. Because of the confusion of versions and
  standards, we don't recommend that you include the prefix
  with your HTML documents either."

From everything I've read, over the years, my impression is you're best
off omitting <!DOCTYPE... for HTML documents.

\\/
http://www.wlindley.com