Open Source/Free Software in Maricopa Government -another vie w.

Jeffrey Pyne plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:16:02 -0700

Oh, but haven't you heard-- Windows 2000's TCO is lower than Linux'.  IDC
did an unbiased, Microsoft-sponsored study to prove it:
http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,3959,741748,00.asp.  The study is chock full
of hard-core research data like anecdotes, opinions and hearsay.  I have
already uninstalled Linux from all of my servers and installed
fully-licensed copies of Windows 2000.  I'm reaping the cost savings
already!  Thank goodness I read this research before it was too late!!

~Jeff