Update

Patrick Fleming EA plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 15:08:01 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Michael Havens wrote:

> On Tuesday 17 December 2002 09:55 am, Patrick Fleming EA wrote:
> > Added 2.4.14-tables
> > Added 2.4.20 *
> > Added 2.4.18
>
> So add the text above as it is written to lilo.conf?

Actually my /etc/lilo.conf looks like this:

root=/dev/hda2
boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=50
message=/boot/message
default=2.4.20

image=/boot/vmlinuz-tables-ext3
	label=2.4.14-tables
	read-only
#	root=/dev/hda2
	append="hdc=ide-scsi"
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.20
	label=2.4.20
	read-only
	append="hdc=ide-scsi"
image=/boot/vmlinux-2.4.18
	label=2.4.18
	read-only
	root=/dev/hda2
  	append="hdc=ide-scsi"

You would want image=/ to point to your new kernel. I have an ide cdrom
burner that requires scsi emulation so I have the append line. The
simplest thing to do is copy and paste an image section to the end of your
file with the new image make a unique label, save it, run lilo, and you
should get output like above. It will also tell you if you failed to do it
right.
HTH

--
Patrick Fleming, EA