OT: 8 weeks to opt-out??

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 16:10:20 -0500

I thought this was amazing and had to send it on.

I just recieved a promotional email from Microsoft.  As much of my job entails
using their tools and environment, I get these things from them once in a
while.  Here is the quote of the last paragraph of the email:

"If you prefer not to receive future promotional e-mails of this type, please
click here to unsubscribe. Please note that it can take up to eight weeks to
update customer information in our database; therefore, you may receive e-mail
from us within that time period."

The "all powerful", "we-have-the-best-software",
"we-can-make-your-IT-infrastructure-efficient-with-our-tools", "innovative"
Microsoft requires up to 8 WEEKS to update spam email databases?  EIGHT WEEKS?
 I'll bet it does not take that long to opt-in!

Granted, they are probably giving themselves way too much time as a buffer for
any problems.  But, if it actually takes longer than one week, their own IT
infrastructure is designed wrong.

Alan