scrollbars gone when using screen

Gontran Zepeda plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 19:18:35 -0700

# On 2002-12-09 at 16:23:57 -0800, Kenny M. Grimm wrote:
> I'm using screen through both Konsole and nxterm and when using screen,
> the scrollbar does not work (it's there but shows no history).  It seems
> that the terminal emulator being used would have to be aware of screen so
> that it could keep a separate scrollback buffer for each new screen.  Is
> there any way to get this to work?

This is a feature, of course. :)  It's that you're running an application
inside of your terminal, auto adjusting to whatever size you make your
terminal window -- and not effecting the _terminal's_ scrollback buffer at
all.

Within screen, you can specify as large of a scrollback buffer as you may
like using the -h num switch when invoking (or maybe in your .screenrc) and
access it by using <shift>+<PageUp> and down, maybe in other ways too.

hth,
Gontran