RedHat as Jumpstart server for Solaris 8

Tom Jones plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 22:19:48 -0700 (MST)

I was wondering if anyone here had attempted this feat, and if they would
be willing to share thier experiences in making it go.

For reference, the RedHat box 7.2, upgrade via rpm to kernel 2.4.18-smp.
Other packages have been updated via autorpm.

I've got the Sun box (an Ultra 1) as far as booting the Solaris 8 kernel,
but it appears to be hanging when it's time to start pulling files via
NFS.  The howto's I've been following are telling me it should be working,
but I'm thinking there's a problem with the NFS implementation.  The debug
output of rpc.bootparams seems to bear this out, in that the root and
rootopts are requested several times, then everything stops.

So, anyone with an appropriate sized clue stick care to swing at this?  Or
if I have insufficiently googled, a swing at me?

TJ