bad superblock

Ted Gould plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
04 Dec 2002 22:12:52 -0700

--=-kg9W+utXAMo2WGF1a5PX

On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 12:37, Sean Roe wrote:
> I have dd a partition from one drive to another and now when I fsck the
> partion the superblock is reported as bad, but I can mount the partition=20
> and use it no problem.  fsck also reports short reads but all apears to b=
> fine except the superblock is hosed in its inode count.  Is there a way t=
> fix it, or do I need to?

If you use fsck.ext2 with the 'b' option to specify an alternate
superblock, then the primary will be fixed.

Your filesystem, depending on size, has several 'backup' superblocks.=20
Basically because they are so important.  If you are comfortable loosing
one of your backups, you don't need to fix it.  I would fix it.

		Have fun,
			Ted

--=-kg9W+utXAMo2WGF1a5PX

--=-kg9W+utXAMo2WGF1a5PX--