ACPI support

Liberty Young plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
04 Dec 2002 08:52:02 -0700

Lee,
I'm also using 8.2, and i wasn't happy with it's acpi stuff. I
downloaded the 2.4.19 kernel and applied the acpi patches, and now i
have _some_ power management stuff working. The real reason why i did
that was because i wanted battery status for my laptop that was only
available through acpi.
If i were you, i'd download the 2.4.20 kernel and apply the acpi
patches. As far as GUI stuff, well, with 8.2, you're out of luck....all
the deamons and utilities work through APM...I'm not sure if KDE3 or
Gnome2 have updated their utilities to work with ACPI