squid problem

Gary Nichols plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 08:31:41 -0700 (MST)

> From: "Nathan England" <plug@the-arcanum.org>
>
> I'm trying to block a specific web adress. A computer in my office is on
> 192.168.0.5
> I need to block that IP from going to mail.yahoo.com as the employee using
> that computer will not stop checking email and it has begun interfering with
> the employees work.

Nathan,

This is really about your computer usage policy (you do have one, right?).
It all comes down to education of the user.
If they persist in checking personal e-mail while you have a strict policy
against it, write them up - once, twice - then three strikes they get to
read postings on monster.com from their home (since you've just terminated
them).

There are WAY TOO MANY good employees out there looking for work right now
than to put up with that.

Just my 2 cents.

Gary