Help with Regular Expression

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 13:17:51 -0500

/_
/_I seem to be having a lot of trouble with what seems should be a simple regex.
/_
/_I have a database full of research paper abstracts and I would like to strip all newlines from them. This would include
/_\n, \r, and \r\n characters.  However, if there are two consecutive newlines (i.e. new paragraph) I would like to keep
/_those in tact.
/_
/_I have written the script in PHP to pull each field from the database, perform said regex and then update the field
/_with the new data.  All I need is a regex that works.  I'm using the Perl compatible regex within PHP.
/_
/_Any help would be appreciated.
/_
Mr. Sinck has always proved to be a guru in regex for me.... David?