another slow day question - Princeton VL173 flat panel display

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
01 Dec 2002 13:55:56 -0700

Also, I bought one the Princeton Graphic VL173 flat panel displays ($
429 - Costco) which works fine at 1280x1024 - set to 64.3 H sync and
60.0 V sync per manual.

But it's on a KVM switch and when I switch back from Windows machine,
their is a 'flashing' of refresh going on that is somewhat like an
interlace tracing. It's annoying as heck.

If I enter the control panel on the monitor and choose 'auto-tune' it
goes away. If I logout of X and restart X it goes away. But if I switch
to Windows and then come back, it's a jumpy screen again. The switch was
fine under CRT and I powered both systems down so the switch 'forgot'
about the monitor that was installed.

Anyone care to clue me in?

Craig