SuSE linux 8.0 & IPMasq

Clayton Stapleton plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 09:44:24 -0700

I am using the test IP Masquerade iptables.

I tried Michelle's suggestion with the following:
With eth0 set as "static"
 # route
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref   UseIface
192.168.1.0     *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0
eth0
localnet        *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0
eth1
default         loran.clasta    0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0
eth0
This had no effect, still cannot reach the network.

George here is the iptables -list:

loran:/home/clay # iptables --list
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy DROP)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
LOG        all  --  anywhere             anywhere           LOG level
warning

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

I have to set eth0 to "DHCP" to be able to go on the internet.

Clayton