SB16 ISA PnP and SuSE

Merley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 14:03:38 -0700

Hello All,

I have an old VA-503+ motherboard with a 200 MHz processor and an ISA
SoundBlaster 16 PnP in it.  Also SMC NIC, S3Virge/DX PCI video, USR
Internal hardware modem, USB card.  RH7.3 and 7.2 pick up all the
hardware and assigns IRQs, ports, and DMA fine, as does 98, and 2000.
But when I try SuSE 8.0, it doesn't handle the sound card well, or it
already uses some of its resources.  RH installs it with Kudzu on the
first boot.

So, do any of you know what is a way to fix this?  I think I remember
somewhere in SuSE control center where you can look at what is
assigned to what, but I don't remember where that is.  I might be
able to choose the correct values.  But have any of you run into this?

Kim