motherboard for building

Shawn Rutledge plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:56:00 -0700

I like the ECS AMD motherboards at Fry's because they have built-in
ethernet and it works with Linux.  However the onboard sound
implementation isn't so great.  I have 2 of these motherboards.
From dmesg:

sis900.c: v1.08.02 11/30/2001
PCI: Assigned IRQ 5 for device 00:03.0
eth0: Realtek RTL8201 PHY transceiver found at address 1.
eth0: Using transceiver found at address 1 as default
eth0: SiS 900 PCI Fast Ethernet at 0xdc00, IRQ 5, 00:d0:09:f8:f7:c9.

Agreed Fry's isn't really the place to go but I do it anyway sometimes.

I have bought stuff from Computer Geeks too, but nothing very
big-ticket or important.  Once they took rather a long time to ship my
order (2 weeks maybe if memory serves) while they tried to find
something that I had ordered, then eventually didn't find it and
shipped the rest.  I was peeved about that.  But I think they were
moving or something so maybe that sort of stuff was temporary.

--
  _______                   Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD  ecloud@bigfoot.com
 (_  | |_)                       http://ecloud.org  kb7pwd@kb7pwd.ampr.org