Fry's Horror [Was: Re: motherboard for building]

Tom Achtenberg plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 07:21:32 -0700

I for one have never had any problem with things from Fry's including several motherboards.  Unless you are needing really high end reliability, any of them should work just fine for a Linux box.

Subject: Fry's Horror [Was: Re: motherboard for building]
From: Bryce C <plug@bryceco.net>
To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Date: 15 Aug 2002 20:24:23 -0700

I can attest to this.  One time I returned a couple things, motherboard
included, and had put an identifying mark on the inside packaging of
each so I'd know (I'd had a suspicion) and when I came back the next day
for replacements with my store credit, I got the very same motherboard
without a sticker saying it was returned.  I again returned it and got
my money back so I could go somewhere worthwile.  Sorry Fry's, 2 strikes
and you're out, for MBs at least.