cgi user home directory issue

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 14:31:08 -0400

Hi Kimi,

That explains it!!!

If a domain is attached to it, it is part of Apache's web space (with
regard to suExec).  What you are trying to do is run a CGI in a userdir,
which is outside of this space.  suEXEC is failing:
command not in docroot (/home/xhotwater/docs/cgi-bin/test.cgi)

which results in the server error:
Options ExecCGI is off in this directory:
/home/xhotwater/docs/cgi-bin/test.cgi

It looks like you have to recompile suEXEC to include this directive:
--suexec-userdir=DIR (where DIR is the directory you want to include,
probably cgi-bin).  This is documented here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/suexec_1_2.html
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/suexec.html

I'm cc'ing PLUG in case there's an Apache/suEXEC guru out there that can
refute what I say.

Regards,

George