Palladium - was Re: Win32 API utterly and irreprarable broken

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 09 Aug 2002 08:14:37 -0400

I see this movement will do one of two things:
1.  Fail horribly.
2.  Fork the Internet into one based on TCP/IP and one based on TCP/MS.
Poor people and poor countries will not buy new computers just because
MS wants them to.  If amazon.com stops supporting TCP/IP, I'll stop
using their site.

This puts businesses in the position of having to support two protocols,
most likely on two sets of servers (Just imagine Steve Balmer saying:
"I'm sorry Mr. Chenault, American Express will have to go out and buy
several hundred more web servers and routers to service the rest of the
world that refuses to use TCP/MS, or you face losing a large portion of
your global business.") or losing revenue.  Not a pretty picture.

George