Win32 API utterly and irreprarable broken

Thu, 8 Aug 2002 11:29:04 -0700 (MST)

Am 08. Aug, 2002 schwätzte Robert Bushman so:

> That's the problem - it is currently impossible
> to execute untrusted code on a Windows box safely.
> That's what the author means by "unfixable" - it's
> currently impossible to have a functional Windows
> box on which you can safely execute untrusted code.
>
> This is why Microsoft thinks Palladium is necessary.

That's not why m$ thinks palladium is necessary. That's how m$ is getting
everyone else to think palladium is necessary.

> They don't even grasp the fact that you can safely
> execute untrusted code if your operating system's
> security is designed correctly. So they have to
> implement this ridiculous scheme where every piece
> of code is authenticated by an outside authority.

I find it difficult to believe that all the brain child engineering
geniouses its snapped in can't figure out how to make a secure system.

m$ is a marketing company driven by the business need to control as much as
it can ( caveat emptor: buyer beware ).

The constant gaping security holes allow its marketing division to
convince m$ customers that they need to turn over their private data and
entrust it all to m$.

Why lock people/companies out with a proprietary data format when you can
force them to give you their data and ask your permission to use it?

"Welcome to the Databank of Bill. Turn your head and cough."

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  When you are tired of choosing the lesser of two evils,