Bruce Perens on OSI

David Mandala plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
02 Aug 2002 19:53:12 -0700

That is my point Hans, Since you are using a license and per earlier
examples of people stating that they have software with no license I can
see why somebody might think making people aware of and
acknowledging/accepting the license might not be a bad idea before they
just start using it.

It might even stop or slow down people from stealing GLP'ed software and
then saying well it did not have a license, I did not have to agree to a
singe thing. Now it is true that they did BUT many people don't
understand that even on the OpenSource/Free Software community. So it is
not an irrelevant point to make them aware that they are getting
something of value and they are expected to comply with the license to
gain use of it.

Cheers,

Davidm