UML/Linux store

bob smith plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 21:14:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hey all,
I was looking around the gentoo site and saw an
interesting link about "User Mode Linux". I checked
the website and it looks really cool. It allows
you to have Linux running within Linux. I assume that
it is something like VMWare. I immidiately thought of
the posting about the Linux store and how to restrict
users from doing harm to the system. It looks like
this is a possible solution to that problem. Has
anyone had any experience with UML? I would like to
use it to try and get XFree86 working with the
ati-gatos drivers (I hosed my system the last time I
tried it).