Bash Scripting

Sat, 13 Apr 2002 16:21:24 -0700 (MST)

Am 13. Apr, 2002 schwätzte Bryce C. so:

> That's getting a little too complicated.  My script is a simple one that
> is run from /etc/cron.hourly/ by root as defined in /etc/crontab.  This
> is on a single user machine (plus root etc) and just copies the selected
> data, files susceptable to corruption and more so, being open when the
> power is pulled on accident.  Yes I know this is not good to do but it
> happens.  I have the same script bu lots of crucial stuff but I want to
> be able to choose just what I want so I can't accidentally overwrite a
> program that i'd been coding for several hours with just the template
> file I started of with.

If this is for code I'd suggest investigating cvs or rcs. rcs is much
simpler and fairly easy to use if you're the only one using it.

Not sure if rcs has hooks for project releases, forks and other things that
are advantageous in a software project.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  Help Jerry Lewis stamp out M$...oops that's MDA - der.hans