Quick contact DB app?

Shawn Rutledge plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 13:39:28 -0700

See www.nettebook.org:8080

This is web-based.  I wrote it using PHP and PostgreSQL, use it myself
and occasionally add features (however that tarball on the web site is
old, I need to make a new one some day).  The trouble with KDE apps is
maybe you can only use them from one computer, unless it's client-server
or you use VNC or something.  But I use nettebook at work, at home, at
the library, etc... Of course it should be possible to build an
application client in addition to the web client. When I get my
metawidget framework developed more, I intend to do that.

You can take notes on a conversation.  Relationships between people,
places, things and contact methods are all unlimited one-to-many
relationships, unlike in most lightweight PIM tools.  There is a
mailmerge feature, and I recently added a quick print-an-envelope link
(uses the database to fill in fields in a Postscript template and dumps
it to the printer).

I should make a debian package some day but don't have any experience
with that yet.

--
  _______                   Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD  ecloud@bigfoot.com
 (_  | |_)                       http://ecloud.org  kb7pwd@kb7pwd.ampr.org