gentoo question

bob smith plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 13:36:10 -0700 (PDT)

Gontran,
I've been wanting to try out gentoo for awhile now and
I have access to a cd burner. The problem is that it's
on one of the G4 machines at GCC and I don't know how
well Apples Disk Burner software performs. From what
I've been reading it doesn't allow you to make a
bootable disk. Is there a way I can still burn the
gentoo-ix86-1.1a.iso but use another method to
initially boot the system other than the netboot
described in the alternative installation methods doc?