named

Nigel Sollars plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 10:18:16 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of Jeff
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2001 9:51 AM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: named

Does anyone know how to setup named to only listen on one ethernet
interface?

I believe it's done in named.conf , I can't seem to decode what it says in
there to be able to figure it out. And the manual isn't helping me.

~Jeff

Slackware 8.0
Linux 2.4.5

Cant remember there being anything in Bind to say only one Nic

I hope ure not running this on your linux gateway box that would be quite
bad cause bind isnt the most secure name server.

might have been safer to keep with Kernel 2.2 right now 2.2.20 is out right
now with the ow patch to match