Trouble sending email

James Durham plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 3 Nov 2001 15:48:58 -0700

The problem as well is I cannot connect to any mail server port 25 except for
those owned by earthlink. So right now every earthlink subscriber is FORCED
to use this method of sending mail.

I also used to work for a ISP that leased other companies POP sites. Like
AT&T, UUnet, Level3. They all have the same filtering going on. They will
actually monitor any mail you send while connected to these pops to make sure
it is not spam. Following certain filters. Example.

- I dial-up using Earthlink on a AT&T pop.
- I am sending mail with mail.earthlink.com
- AT&T will intercept the mail to verify I am sending from a Earthlink e-mail
address before forwarding the mail onto the mail server.(There is actually
more that goes into this then I am actually aware of)