80% Off on Kylix at LinuxMall

David P. Schwartz plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 25 May 2001 11:52:35 -0700

Part of the problem that Borland is having is that they ALSO announced a "free" downloadable open source version at the time they
announced the other two versions.  However, they said it wouldn't be available until "mid-summer".  It looks like people are sitting by
waiting to see what shows up.  The other caveat about the O-S version, as I understand it, is that you can ONLY use it to build O-S
apps.  At least you can build shareware with the other SKUs.

$199 is probably a fair price for this package.  It's also available on the Borland Store site at that, so it looks like it might be a
permanent change.