Consulting/Small business software

Linux plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 22 May 2001 14:26:44 -0700

Hi Derek ,

Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 13:27:25 -0500 (CDT)
From: Derek Neighbors <derek@gnue.org>
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: Consulting/Small business software

> > The question about accounting software came from a young gentleman who
has
>>  started a consulting business and wants to automate his books.  I can
tell
>>  you from experience we as consultants have a minimum of accounting need.
We
>>  need to be able to categorize our income and expenses along with
managing a
>>  small A/R.  We need something easy and straight forward with a cost of
FREE
>>  to maybe $99.00.
> >
> If you go to the PLUG meetings let me know.  We can arrange to meet and I
> can show you GNU Enterprise and what it might be able to offer you.  It is
> a GNU Project, so its libre as well as gratis.  (free speech/free beer) It
> is licensed under the GPL.
>
> If there was enough interest in general I would gladly to a presentation
> on it at one of the meetings.  I work with GNUCash guys a lot so can demo
> explain GNUCash for you as well.
>
> Anyhow, I dont like doing shameless promotion of products on mailing
> lists, but I hate see prop products being suggested.
>
> Derek Neighbors
> GNU Enterprise

Excellent Idea! I've looked at GNUCash.  Interesting product.

I live in Tucson so I do not attend any of the meetings.  Would be
interesting to see all the PLUGers and put a face with all those emails.

I think packages like GNUCash are what is going to make Linux Stronger than
it already is.

I am interested in finding an open source product that would allow me to
customize for the small business community.

Keith Smith
(not the football player)