Which BSD?

Tom Bradford plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 15 May 2001 13:58:13 -0700

Derek Neighbors wrote:
> It was a joke. Thus the :)

I know.  I was being a prick... that's what I do.

> This is a Linux Users Mailing List though unless Im on mushrooms. :)

True...  Though there's no law that says you must believe in the source
code license of your OS in order to use it.  I use Solaris, and don't
much appreciate the SCSL.  I don't like the GPL either, but I use Linux
at home.

From a freedom standpoint, it can be argued that the BSD license is a
much more free license than the GPL.  I always hated when my mother
forced me to share my toys with my brother.

On which BSD to use...  I also use FreeBSD, and have no complaints.

--
Tom Bradford --- The dbXML Project --- http://www.dbxml.org/
We store your XML data a hell of a lot better than /dev/null