(no subject)

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 14 May 2001 21:23:52 -0700

> I'm at a loss.  Any help appreciated.

----
It has to work with this. Check /var/log/samba/log.smb

It's possible that you created user klsmith doesn't have access to
/home/klsmith - try logging on thru telnet. What are the privileges for
/home/klsmith?

Comes to my mind that you may have more than 1 smb.conf file and the one
that you are changing isn't the one that it is using (or smbpasswd) Encrypt
passwords = yes is absolutely necessary - except I believe that the original
version of Windows 95 didn't use encryption on passwords.

Post up your smb.conf file and log.smb file.

Craig