just incase you missed it

KevinO plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 08 May 2001 18:39:43 -0700

Tom Bradford wrote:
> So
> obviously Linux's network exposure is relatively quite a bit more prone
> to exploit than Microsoft's.

	I think you're missing (leaving out) a key point here. Linux exploits
are posted because Linux users in general care and CAN DO SOMETHING
ABOUT IT. Dem po microsoft lusers are pretty much stuck with whatever
Redmond gives them. Exploits for the C.R.A.P.(tm) that comes out of
Redmond tend to stick around for quite a while, and MS sometimes forces
people to upgrade an entire system to 'get the fix'.

	Exploits for Linux systems get fixed very rapidly.

	Be vigilant with your security on a Linux system = you have a pretty
tight box.

	Be vigilant with your security on a MS system = you're still open ,
whether you realize it or not. Unless of course you unhook it from the
LAN, disconnect the modem, etc...

--
Kevin O'Connor

She can kill all your files;
She can freeze with a frown.
And a wave of her hand brings the whole system down.
And she works on her code until ten after three.
She lives like a bat but she's always a hacker to me.
                -- Apologies to Billy Joel