It's the little successes

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 5 May 2001 22:05:46 -0700

The first success was configuring Cisco PIX routers with VPN for a client
without manuals or software - I'm sure that the wizard disks they talk about
would streamline the process but the people that originally installed them
apparently kept all that for themselves...needless to say, that's one of the
reasons that this client doesn't use them anymore.

Now, I just got Redhat 7.1 installed on my Sony PictureBook C1X

Works nicely. Got everything but XWindows working on first try.

My PCMCIA NIC card wasn't auto detected but it worked immediately on manual
configuration as tulip. Seems that the pirhana hardware detection loads
before the PCMCIA drivers load so other PCMCIA device install is undoubtedly
manual.

Thankfully the info on linux-laptop helped with XWindows cuz I wouldn't have
been able to get this kinky 1024x480 screen to work. Took about 45 minutes
but I am typing this from KMail (a little weak) - I'll probably have to see
what you guys are all excited about with pine and maybe try out Hans'
favorite bloatware - emacs.

Not that anyone cares but I feel like I just scored a victory.

Craig