GDB and threads...

Kevin Buettner plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 18:43:23 -0700

On Apr 27,  2:16pm, Jiva DeVoe wrote:

> > It is being worked on, off and on.  It really helps when we (the
> > GDB team) have relatively small test cases to look at.
>
> I'll see if I can come up with some.

Good.  I think that is the only way we'll make progress on this
matter...

> > BTW, this discussion probably ought to be moved to
> > gdb@sources.redhat.com.  I'm willing to continue discussing it here if
> > you want, but you'll get the attention of other GDB developers if you
> > ask your question on one of the GDB mailing lists.  (The Linux threads
> > maintainer for GDB is usually pretty responsive if you supply him with
> > specific test cases.)
> >

> Yeah, I posted to the gdb list at the same time I posted here.  Have
> only gotten a few responses from (I assume) non-maintainers so far,
> and it's been recommendations for other products to use.

I waited a bit for other maintainers to respond.  The only thing that
I can say about the matter is that I'm not seeing the problems that
you're seeing, but, OTOH, I almost never use the released gdb-5.0.
(Nor do most of the other maintainers.)

I sent a reply to your gdb@sourceware message a few moments ago.  You
(Jiva) should get a copy in your mailbox.  Others who are following
this discussion can see it at

    http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2001-04/msg00244.html

Kevin