Cox - is 2 for 1 possible?

Michael J. Schweppe michael@schweppe.org
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 00:25:55 -0700

Hi Paul:

Since I'm not as adept [yet :-)] as many on this list, I found the
following to be an extremely newbie-friendly solution for my
situation.  I'm on Cox as well and have my RH 6.2 serving as my
firewall/gateway with the Win box behind it.

I first ran bastille to harden the Linux box and then installed PM
Firewall.  [bastille will support RH 7 very soon according to their
site].  I then installed PM Firewall [which will configure the NICs
too].

The only caveat to be aware of is that you will need to run with a
static ip.  In the year with Cox I have only had the ip change once
though :-)

http://www.pmfirewall.com

http://freshmeat.net/projects/bastillelinux/

Mike