Ask PLUG: best OS for wireless applications

David Mandala David.Mandala@DevelopOnline.com
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 14:15:38 -0700

I'd say that I am quite biased but Linux of course. I run wireless
networking at home and it works great. Several friends who have iPaq's drop
over and use their wireless cards with no problems so.......... Linux has
great support for wireless networking of all types both 802.11 and amateur
radio.

I'd say I'm biased since I: a) work for an embedded hardware company which
supplies hardware online running Linux. b) Have been using Linux for
embedded purposes since 1995 c) am moderating a panel for the embedded Linux
consortium at the embedded systems conference.

There I've said it.....

---
David Mandala, CTO / VP Engineering
DevelopOnline 660 S. Mill Avenue Suite 400 Tempe, AZ 85281
480 377-6870 T 480 736-9211 F 602 321-8277 C