Sparc Help

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 10:19:40 -0700 (MST)

Am 23. Mar, 2001 schwäzte David A. Sinck so:

> Is it scsi id 0?  At least in x86 land, your boot drive needs to be
> zero.  Unless that's changed in the real world...it hasn't changed in
> mine.  :-)

scsi id doesn't need to be 0, but lacking an ide drive the system will try
to boot from the scsi drive with the lowest scsi id. x86 architecture
sucks. We should be able to tell bios which drive to boot from. It can see
them, so why can't it boot from them? I'd rather have "firmware" any day
;-).

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)
#  Science is magic explained. - der.hans