netscape and sound

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 23:54:55 -0700 (MST)

Am 12. Mar, 2001 schwäzte kevin_oconnor@geocities.com so:

> In netscape : Edit -> Prefs -> Navigator -> Applications and edit each
> of the offending file types to ask what to do instead of running a
> plug-in automagically. A bit tedious, but it should do what you want.

Then I can't turn them back on for the few occasions that I want streaming
sound. Guess I'll just add a user that has access to the sound card.

> A more common solution : Install sound card, do sndconfig and make sound
> card work , use aumix to set volume at minimum. te he he he

I have a sound card. Web browsers only get minimal access. Maybe there's a
way to get Netscape to talk to the esd?

I think I want to turn off sound access and then have another config where
netscape has access to the sound card. I'd also like to know how to get it
to play nice when I'm listening to ogg or whatever.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)