hosting on sprint bbd

Armin Hartinger Armin Hartinger <armin@pctechware.com>
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 01:03:40 -0700

Hello Greg,

There are basically 3 problems with it.

1. The upstream speed is pretty bad... For me, it's like 5K/s. A far
cry from being usable for your server if it's not a development
machine.

2. Their Acceptable Use Policy doesn't allow servers.

3. The reliability of the service is bad as well. During the day I
have like 35% packet loss, it's better at night, with almost every
other night hours of downtime due to maintenance.

Bottom line: Sprint Broadband is VERY unsuited for hosting.

I have my kids's websites hosted on the Linux-box I use as
gateway/development box..

Ping them if you want...
http://lauren.hartinger.ws
http://kristen.hartinger.ws