debian package mgt

Furmanek, Greg Greg.Furmanek@hit.cendant.com
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 16:00:15 -0500

If you have to use gnomr I would opt for Sawfish.
It is the best integrated with gnome desktop.

If you do not care about running gnome you may
want to try WindowMaker (cool and configurable)
Enlightenment is nice (little resource hungry)
and my favorite AfterStep (lean, setup and really fast)

-> Could you recommend a window manager for stable. I accepted the twm
-> default and don't like it?
->
-> Here is what I got from the debian list.
->
-> 1> Stable, fast, and GNOME support = WindowMaker, IceWM
-> 1> Stable, not as fast, and GNOME support = Sawfish
-> 1> Stable, very fast, and KDE support (but no GNOME) = Blackbox
-> 1>
-> 1> Since you're running stable, Sawfish will be called Sawmill.
-> Blackbox
-> 1> will be OLD, and WindowMaker will be stale, not sure about IceWM.
->
->
->
-> 2> I use wmaker, blackbox and icewm kind of interchangeably,
-> depending
-> on my
-> 2> mood.
-> 2>
-> 2> No terribly deep reasons why: I like the ease of changing wmaker's
-> look,
-> 2> the simplicity and cleanliness of blackbox and ... I
-> don't know why I
-> like
-> 2> icewm. :-)
->
-> Thanks,
-> Eric :-)
->
-> See http://PLUG.phoenix.az.us/navigator-mail.shtml if your
-> mail doesn't post to the list quickly and you use Netscape
-> to write mail.
->
-> Plug-discuss mailing list  -  Plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us