I'm being hacked!

Craig White craigwhite@azapple.com
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 09:22:47 -0700

5. Rusty's Really Quick Guide To Packet Filtering

Most people just have a single PPP connection to the Internet, and don't
want anyone coming back into their network, or the firewall:

     ## Insert connection-tracking modules (not needed if built into
kernel).
     # insmod ip_conntrack
     # insmod ip_conntrack_ftp

     ## Create chain which blocks new connections, except if coming from
inside.
     # iptables -N block
     # iptables -A block -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
     # iptables -A block -m state --state NEW -i ! ppp0 -j ACCEPT
     # iptables -A block -j DROP

     ## Jump to that chain from INPUT and FORWARD chains.
     # iptables -A INPUT -j block
     # iptables -A FORWARD -j block

the above is all you need. If you want to read more...
<http://netfilter.filewatcher.org/unreliable-guides/index.html>

Craig

- Craig White - PO Box 8634 - Scottsdale, Arizona - 85252
- e-mail address ................ - CraigWhite@AzApple.com
- world wide web address ........ - http://www.AzApple.com
- e-mail my pager address ....... - 6023779752@airtouch.net
- cellular phone ................ - (602) 377-9752
- voice/facsimile ............... - (480) 945-8445