Trouble installing Debian

Chris Cowan plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 15:41:16 -0700

Hey,

I'm trying to get Debian working on my laptop. It's a Dell Latitude C 600
with a PCMIA Ethernet card. I have a set of distribution CDs with v 2.2 and
I wanted to install it so the apt-get portion was done with http. If I bring
it to the westside meeting tonight could someone give me a few pointers?

I'm just starting with Linux and I'm trying out different distributions to
see which one works best for my needs. (That's why I posted a question about
RH earlier.) So if anyone could bring a copy of any other sets to the
meeting I would appreciate it greatly... like Mandrake, SeSu, Slack, or any
of your favorites. I'm also looking for Yellow Dog 2.0 for my Powerbook if
anyone has it. Don't worry, I would reimburse you for the CD's of course.

Chris Cowan