Kernel-Source location

Michael J. Schweppe plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 11:04:41 -0700

Craig White wrote:

> [...]
I've got a new nVidia video card.  I was told that of the tar, rpm and
rpm.src [for the nVidia drivers], that the later was the best method
[although from everything I've seen, it seems to be a matter of
preference].

I need kernel headers, make and gcc installed to "rpm --rebuild".  I
have never done a rpm --rebuild and was told that if the rebuild failed
that I would need to install the source.

I'm inclined to think that I shouldn't have any problem with the rebuild
though.

Mike