Router Question

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 06:59:14 -0700

Hi Tyler,

I still think buying one of those cheap boxes mentioned before would
work well.  Or see if anyone will give you a 486 and run LRP or maybe
even a full Linux distro on it and have it set up as a firewall.

I'm partial to Linux as I can easily control what's inside.  What if
a security exploit shows up in the D-Link (or LinkSys or 3Com or
Cisco) routers.  How well publicized is it, and how do you fix it?

What do the Exec's do that can't be masqueraded?

George